Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Haul


These are my purchases for this month. I'm quite happy with them.



MAC 190 Foundation Brush
An essential face brush. Trying to build my MAC brush collection one at a time so it doesn't hurt my pocket too much.

Sigma Face Kit
L to R: Large Powder Brush F30, Large Angled Contour Brush F40, Duo Fibre Brush F50, Foundation Brush F60, Concealer Brush F70
Got my first batch of Sigma brushes from The Pink Slippers Boutique. I wasn't expecting them to still have their old numbering style (SS150, SS168, SS187, SS190, SS194) but it doesn't really matter. The brushes feel really soft and they're definitely not bad for the price! I'm glad I didn't buy these brushes individually coz you can really save a lot by buying sets/kits instead. 
I was also really happy to find a free brush included! It's a travel size Blending Brush (SS217) in silver. I love freebies!

Sigma Travel Size Blending Brush SS217
I'm really excited to test out these brushes. Will definitely post a review on them!

Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner
And lastly, I bought the Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Bold Brown from Beauty Bar. I'm almost running out of my go-to brown waterline eyeliner - the Maybelline Eye Studio 2-in-1 Impact Shadow Liner, so I needed to buy a new brown liner for my waterline. I've only swatched this on my hand and when I did, it was INCREDIBLY soft and creamy. Glides on soooo smoothly, even softer and smoother than the Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils, no joke! 
But you know how some things are too good to be true. True to its word, it was smudge-proof on my hand but it was not waterproof at all even though it claims to be. Also, it faded so quickly from my hand (after an hour or so) and the Maybelline one swatched next to it lasted much longer. I really hope that isn't the case when I apply it on my waterline or upper lash line as well. What pencil liner do you girls use for your waterline?


That's it for my purchases this month! Hope you guys got some goodies too.

4 comments:

  1. i love your brushes. ;))

    it'll be great if we'll give each other a follow. <3

    http://anneholica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! Thank you! :)
    Of course, I always follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long did it take for you to receive your order? do they have good customer service? love the brushes. i gotta have this ♥

    http://ladyrish07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, these brushes were available on-hand at pinkslippersbotique.multiply.com so I didn't have to wait very long. The seller was able to ship the brushes to me a day after I deposited my payment, and delivery only takes a day. :)
    And as far as good costumer service, the seller was nothing but kind to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers